Laellie Joy –
Today is October 6, 2017. One of the most marking days of our lives came two years ago when God gave us the gift of you. Wow! Thankful.
The older I get the more I think about what I want to give you. Not gifts in the worldly sense, but gifts in the eternal sense. Gifts that can’t be stolen from you. Gifts that you will always have with you, that you can use to be the best version of yourself. Gifts that will help you be who you were created to be. Here are a few of them:
- I want to give you the gift of being your playmate and swim partner.
- The gift of being your eating partner.
- The gift of being your best friend.
- The gift of being your coach.
- The gift of being your advocate and encourager.
- The gift of being your business and financial partner.
- The gift of being your golf buddy and soccer goalie.
I want to always make time to hang out with you and play with you and teach you. You are worth it.
I want to serve your Mommy in such a way that the only thing you know is what a fantastic marriage looks like. The way true love is embodied.
In the end, when you grow up and get married to a great man of God, I want you to look back and say those gifts were really given to you by your Daddy.
Ultimately, my prayer is that we will help each other live in such a way that allows us to both hear the words, well done good and faithful servant.
I love you sweet girl! Happy second birthday to you!